All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 6021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not sure.

Then let me ask you.  I believe there was a time you asked Christ to come into your life and yet you say you backslid, right?  Ok, so you asked Him.  You have one of two choices.  Either ask again or simply believe that you did ask and therefore you're saved. 

If you're not sure, go on faith that God will show you, in His time, and just stay with the Word and prayer and believe you are saved.  Pray for revelation of this.  I know I did for around 3 years before it came. 

Now...

What's up with all these deleted replies that were in my inbox this morning.  Were ya'll playing tricks on me?

I think it may have been my fault. I saw deleted replies this morning and didn't read them before they were deleted but I had posted two links and more information about Scarlet Hope, including frequently asked questions about the ministry and their answers. It's a controversial topic but we must remember that there are many ministries like this one, which is only a small ministry and only in the Louisville, KY area, but there are international ministries that are helping women in the sex industry -- sex trafficking -- such as Ravi Zacharias International ministries. 

The method for the ministry is : RESCUE, liberating individuals from destructive environments; REHABILITATION, offering programs that provide treatment, and healing for physical, and emotional needs; 
RESTORATION, a period of respite, and renewal, that they may embrace a new hope, and freedom, claiming confidence, and independence; 
RE-ENTRY, providing homes, vocational training, and job opportunities.

My eyes are now opened much more to the complexities involving such ministering and evangelizing of this part of humanity. Perhaps the church today is more challenged in communicating the gospel of Christ acceptably than was the early church but the harvest is plentiful. We must pray for more workers and then trust that God will lead them in the ways of righteousness. I guess.

I was thinking since I told Janie not to blow up my inbox all evening since I couldn't get back on til today that she was playing a trick on me and posting and deleting so to fill up my inbox.  Hahahahahaha

Amanda,

I removed the two postings and because other postings were linked to those postings they too were deleted by default. These two were removed because they were not just links, but the full text which included solicitation of support which violates the AAG rules. I realize you were not posting it for that reason, but I pulled it down for that reason.

Lord Bless,

LT

AHA!  So Janie didn't do it to me.  LOL  It's all LT's fault.

Yep ... :-)

LT,
Understood. And, no, I didn't post for solicitation and didn't mean it that way at all. We are discussing them specifically and it was information from them about them. They are not here to speak for themselves.

SR,

I might be able to help on that subject. I grew up in a church where we were taught that to drink alcohol in any form was evil. That is not taught anywhere in the Bible but it was a very strong teaching in my and other churches. As a result many of us grew up with a strong belief that drinking alcohol in any form was sin. Now, many are beginning to realize that this was not a biblical teaching but a cultural teaching. The teaching is not supported by the Bible even though I have heard many sermons of the evil of alcohol. I still don't drink alcohol in any form but realize that abstinence is not a Biblical doctrine but a personal preference. I do not judge those who do partake in a dinner wine but just cannot bring myself to do it. It got ingrained into me and I just cannot get away from it. I know absolutely, however, that the Bible does not teach against it. In fact, Paul told Timothy to drink wine for his health. I hope that helps.

Roy, Thank you... Its not that I am even thinking about if alcohol is a sin or not its back to the appearance of a preacher being in a bar.  =D I am sorry. I really am laughimg not at yall but just laughing at my self... plus of feeling so zombie at lack of rest. 

Ok ya'll knock it off awhile.  I'm headed home and can't respond til tomorrow.  Don't be banging up my inbox all evening!

lol ok I wont I will see you tomorrow stay safe

Nope, I just sound and look young. haha Let's see born in 47 that makes me 66. Believe it or not, I date back to Harry S Truman. 

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service