All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 6021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It would definitely be wrong for a preacher to be in a bar drunk. However, if he were just there having a drink, I think that would be acceptable. I eat at Applebee's all the time. They serve alcohol. 

Roy, are you saying it would be appropriate for a pastor to walk into a bar & order a drink?

Are we talking an Applebee's type bar or a sleeze type bar?

Tammy, I know your question isn't to me but I had thought when I responded to Roy about preachers going into bars , that we were talking not about restaurants that sevrve dinner drinks but about preachers going inside the bars outside a restaurant. Maybe no difference to some but it is to me. But then again I don't go to restaurants.

Roy I took it that you were saying what was wrong with preacher going into a bar I also took it that  you seen no difference that going there than you did a preacher ordering one at applebees, That's how I was understanding you saying. I am sorry that I may have misunderstood you once again. I

Drinking alcohol was a normal everyday practice of the people in Jesus' time. Since grape juice immediately begins to ferment once being stored, it would have been virtually impossible for them to have our now everyday grape juice with the exception of a few weeks out of the year. I grew up in the days when drinking was considered very sinful. I remember pastors trying to say that the wine of Jesus' time was not alcoholic. There is no way to justify such a teaching. I consider myself too weak to drink alcohol. I just do not do it.

However, it is not unusual for today's ministers to enter an establishment that also serves alcohol and have wine with their dinner. I see no problem with that. There are places where sinful vices are taking place that I believe we should avoid, unless God would lead an individual to go into that place to witness. I personally would not condemn that. Participating in the sin would be wrong, obviously. Applebees have a bar. There are other bars like that. I would not be offended to find a pastor there having a drink. 

Since there is much drunkenness in our society and much evil associated with that, I would not condemn a ministry for teaching that avoidance of such activities that include drinking is better for the believer. I personally feel that is a good teaching. Have you ever been to a football game or baseball game where you were sitting close to a bunch of guys getting drunk and saying all kinds of crude things to the refs, players and coaches? I personally wish they would not allow drinking in those places. However, the reason I don't go to football games is due to ticket prices. I can't afford them. I prefer to watch a game at my home. I think my wife would prefer I would go to the game and leave the television off. 

I feel like a sleepless and all alone heartless rat in the middle of a bunch of humans with rat traps. Yall I think Jesus would go to the ends of the earth to save His chosen. I do not dispute/refute that.  I do not think that any woman in the strip bars should be left out by the ministrys left out by any Christian folks. I do not think I am above them. If Jesus knows my thoughts He knows I think myself to beneath them.  To be beneath the lowest of lows. It frightens the heck out of me knowing my life will be shown by God that every idol word will be judged it terrifys me that I am headed to the lake of fire. So why do yall have the need to feel you need to defend these women like I am saying they shouldn't be ministered to only because they are strippers.  I still think the women from the ministrys shouldn't go inside. Not just because of the strippers but because of all the  aroused men. I still think that a ministry of both men and women should stand outside near the entrance and minister to the women who strip and to the losers who lust.

That is funny you think I blew up your inbox on purpose lol. I wish I had thought of that. No, I was trying to edit what I typed and every time I tried pasting it back something wrong would happen. I don't know what happened. I am sorry.  I think it was me who caused the other deletes to happen. I commented on something about it and maybe it shouldn't have been asked. Maybe it wasn't asked in a appropriate way ... I don't know. But I am sorry again

AHA!  So it WAS you doing that.  LOL  It might've been something I'd have done though as a joke to someone.  LOL  That's why I thought of it.  My mind is warped that way.

I'm not trying to defend the women.  I'm defending the leading of the Holy Spirit to each who's walk with Christ may vary.  I'm advising that whether one thinks they're right or wrong, neither of us should feel we have THE answer above all others.  Because the answer to one may differ from the answer to another.

Janie, you need to read up on Gideon (Judges 6).  He felt he was the lowest of lows, the weakest of the clans, the least of his family.  Yet God chose him as a warrior because God uses the weak to confound the strong.  Gideon did not believe he was capable, but God pointed out that He was going with him, that Gideon wasn't doing it alone.  Gideon had no idea why God thought of him as mighty.

Thanks I will check Gideon out. I don't remember reading about him but I do remember a mens ministry clled by this name. But no doubt God would never want to use me.

Why would He not?  He uses the weak and the foolish things to confound the wise.  Are you saying you're wise?  LOL  ;-)

Gideon too couldn't believe God would want to use him.  But if God would send His only Son to die for us, why would you think that would apply to everyone but you?

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service