All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 6021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I will tell you a story sometime about what you called old home church ladys.  Not here though....

As to the television.... I am the worst tv/movie critic ever. My grown kids wont ask me to watch a movie anymore with them because f this. I was like this not because of the bible but because I just am. Filth filth filth. But I watch shows I shouldn't. LOL I am old school.

I cringe at so much anymore, I've pretty much stopped watching TV.  I have even cringed at times watching Touched by an Angel...now that's bad.

I don't know, I have no idea what they thought. I do know this scripture is in the bible. It is there for a reason. I want to learn what it means. Im going to go to the got question thing. Thanks again.

Ms. Starrn and these other ladies may likely not be tempted by these strippers

I have mentioned this subject to a couple of my friends outside this site. One of them said that before these ladies go in they should have an anointing before going into the devils din , and the church should pray over them before entering. And even with Got Questions saying

one pastor may be perfectly capable of drinking alcohol in moderation and therefore have no problem frequenting a bar. Another may be prone to alcoholism or drunkenness and should therefore avoid bars

I am still confused at this LOL I really am sorry. Maybe I should get the bible out and study it myself. If you don't mind I would love for you to pray for me about understanding when I do read it. Thank you in advance if you do. Thank yall for trying to help me too.

Well just remember that your "understanding" may be different from another's, ergo what GQ said about one perfectly capable of drinking and another not.  That is why I believe Jesus said the Holy Spirit would lead us and guide us into all truth.  Truth isn't the same for everyone in everything.  What I mean by this is...I can be prone to being a drunk and the truth for me is to stay away from alcohol completely.  Another may use wine nightly for heart heath and never get drunk a day in their life and the truth for them is that it's not a problem in their life, not an addiction.  Paul said it was lawful for him to do anything but he would not be mastered by anything.  Many Christians automatically conclude drinking to be a sin.  For me, I feel it is.  For others, I feel that is between them and Holy Spirit.  As the Bible truly only speaks of drunkenness, bondage, being a slave to things, being mastered.  Not everyone who takes a drink is held bondage to the drink or allows it to master them.

When I read the bible I don't understand it at all. After reading what you wrote though about feeling if its right to us or feeling it is wrong.... I have been told so many times that when it comes to scripture Jesus/God ir the Holy Spirit to not go by feelings. lololololol I really shouldn't participate in the forums. I cant help it sometimes though. I love the forum discussions. I am just lost and seeking . Thank yall so much for not getting to frustrated with me. I am not laughing at you just laughing because of me feeling so ignorant .

Hmmm, I guess "feeling" isn't the exact word to use.  Try it this way...

First, does it line up with scripture?  As Roy pointed out on drinking, the Bible never says not to drink, just not to get drunk. 

Secondly seek other counsel...which can be troublesome since we're from so many backgrounds.  Some will say SURE drinking is a sin and others will say no getting drunk is.  So go back to number 1.

Thirdly, what gives you a feeling of peace.  What do you "feel" or sense perhaps? that the Holy Spirit is telling you is right or wrong?

There are some things I still have not come to conclusion on and therefore my prayer is, Lord, I cannot decide one way or the other, so unless You show me that I am in error on this, I will simply go on faith that I'm ok knowing You will correct me if I am wrong.

I am not tryig to show any one they are in error. I could imagine God looking at me laughing at me for even trying to show a christen their error when I don't even know Him.

I ask again....

Are you sure you don't know Him?  Why are you so interested and seeking so hard if something isn't drawing you?

SR,

You have a good punch.

Roy I am really sorry if you think I am trying to punch yall. I mean no harm.

Are you sure you don't know Him?  Why are you so interested and seeking so hard if something isn't drawing you?

I am not sure.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service