All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 6021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's why I said that unless God shows me this ministry was a bad thing.  I continue reading my Bible daily and have read it in it's entirety many times, have researched commentary for various angles on it, etc. and I have seen nothing in scripture that makes this a bad ministry, but everything to the contrary.

Ok, I was only concerned about you regarding how you worded your mind was made up and that it would not change and wanted clarity.

Oh no, not at all.  Believe me, I've changed my mind on subjects many times here about things, and some, I keep changing on and haven't nailed down what I feel is the right answer yet.  But once we do reach a conclusion about something and set our minds (like setting our minds on Christ), all the chatter won't change that.  LOL

Well, Grace, one thing we know for sure is that the Pharisee would never be caught in a place like that. We know that the Pharisee would not even enter the house of a sinner. At least they would never do so publicly. Jesus knew their hearts - that they were just as evil as these they judged unworthy of their company. 

And, I certainly do not mean this in a harmful  way either. No one is advocating this kind of lifestyle. My take on the videos of the girls is that they had now left this lifestyle. God does demand holiness but if you think for one moment that your actions fulfill His holiness, you are greatly mistaken. Your actions are not holy. He is holy. You can never be holy by your own actions. You are only holy because Jesus has given You His life. You are holy because you do not participate in things like this. Jesus is 100% of your holiness and you do not have the right to take credit for one ounce of it. The only reason you are going to heaven is because Jesus died for your evil, filthy sins as He did for mine. You are not going to heaven because of what you do. You are only going because of what He did. 

To answer your question that you asked Seek, yes you do sound a little self-righteous. And it does matter a great deal as to whether or not Seek goes to heaven. We are all His lost sheep and He promises not to lose a single one of us. 

I pray I am not offending you. We are all against sin but know we are all sinners. All or us are struggling with some things. None of us are righteous within ourselves - not even one of us. We all are in desperate need of Jesus our Savior. 

No one here is advocating sin or living an ungodly lifestyle. However, some of us know our weaknesses and will quickly say, "I am no better than they." 

Amen Roy!!! When this becomes a revelation, and not just theory, it makes life so much easier to live as a child of God, it replaces the sin consciousness with a righteous consciousness, and we can rest assured that it was all about Him “Jesus” that suffered for our sin and made us righteous, because ours are as filthy rags in His sight. Amen?

1Jo. 4:17 says, “herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is so are we in this world.”

Good word Roy! Thanks

JB

Thanks Roy.  You again said it better than I can.  I'm fighting a head cold this morning and feel like my whole body has been beat to death.  I was trying to respond without coming off as offensive and saying I felt she sounded self-righteous, and maybe she doesn't mean to.  But she did to me as well.  I just try to remember there are times I may sound that way myself and figure it's best to keep my mouth closed (or fingers off the keyboard).  ;-)

Hope you feel better. Hey, I'm going sailing today :)

I was going to ask about that.  I thought old colonial times didn't have computers and yet you were here posting.  Hahahahahahaha  And even electricity.  Oh my, that is roughing it.  ;-)

I hope so too.  Perhaps the big old cortisone needle going into my foot around noon today will take my mind off my head cold.  My x-ray results came back yesterday...degenerative joint disease and not planters.

Amen, Roy. The righteousness and holiness we have are His. We seek to walk in the spirit and not the flesh and need much grace from Him for that as well.

Grace, I didn't peg you at all, wrongly or rightly.  But apparently, you're pegging me because you aren't a humorous person to cope with the extreme life trials I've had to deal with as I am and claiming I'm in error while I believe that you are.  So I take it as in a harmful way, though I'm not bothered by it.  I know that I'm right with God and it took me a long while to get to believing that.  I won't allow someone to put that into question because our upbringing and personalities differ.  Nor because I do believe that Jesus would be humorous.  He is the inventor of humor.  I mean...He created things like the ostrich and giraffe and all manner of creatures that can make us laugh.  Most of all, He created man, the funniest creatures alive at times. 

I'm more of a, if the ministry isn't for you, that is fine with me.  But from your last few paragraphs, you sound to me as if the ministry isn't fine with you that I "may continue to make up your own ideal" and "it's only another avenue of error".   That doesn't promote the unity you spoke of, whether in this thread or in my Persecution thread.  

So lest I say something offensive because I feel offended, I best say nothing more to you.  God bless.

1 Cor 13. There's a more excellent way.

Ok, I'm going to admit that I think strip clubs are great.  I mean, I've been to them.  They showed me how to get the paint off my baseboards easily enough.  So what's the big deal?

Thought this thread needed a little naked truth, I mean levity.  Yeah, that's what I meant.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service