All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

Rachelle Starrn was raised in a Christian home & had never been inside a strip club in her life. But she felt this calling from God to reach out to women in the sex industry. She knew that God had given her a passion for those women to know how much He loves them & how precious they were in His eyes. Whatever doubts, she knew God was calling her to take action. He didn't want her to just to feel compassion for them but to do something about it.

In 2008, she started Scarlet Hope, a ministry that reaches out to women involved in the sex industry. They take big, southern-comfort-style dinners to strip clubs. Their prayer is that they're not just feeding their stomachs but they're feeding a deeper spiritual hunger. In some clubs, they fix hair & make-up so they can get some one-on-one time with the girls. It gives them the opportunity to pray with women in the middle of the strip club.

She states that many hearts have been changed & lives touched & many turned to Christ for forgiveness &  new beginnings. She says she has seen Jesus show up many times in the back of a strip club dressing room. Many dancers opened up to them, sharing their struggles, asking for prayers, & some have even accepted their invitations to church.

What are your thoughts on this testimony? When I read it I must admit doubts flooded me. I know Jesus goes to the sinners but He didn't put their make-up on before prostituting themselves. Am I wrong with my feelings? No one knows the mind of God but do you really believe God would have them take such drastic steps to reach others? 

Views: 6021

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, just let me say that I no longer think you are using sarcasm with me. I do not have the luxury as some do in knowing how you comment. I thought there was some sarcasm in that one statement that I read. I no longer think that. I think we are now good on the sarcasm issue.:)

Anytime gf

No please do not remove it. Your testimony is on it. Its no big deal...

Here is what I was responding to. I am not understanding . Do you thnk I brought it up again, since last night? I don't think I did.

Reply by RoyW 1 hour ago   

Janie, didn't I ask if you were being sarcastic? I totally accept that you say you were not being sarcastic. I would look for that comment and remove if you want me to. 

Blessings.

Is Janie the new SelfRighteous? I did say to someone that I thought something they said did sound a little self-righteous. I don't think it was Janie. Then, I had to delete a reply I made because it sounded a little self-righteous and I deleted it before anyone caught it. haha

Yes Janie is Self Righteous. That didn't sound good. Janie has changed her name to Self Righteous. haha

Roy,

After talking to my wife I have decided for personal family reasons to not share that part of my family story.

If you have Direct TV do you have a choice to watch or not watch a show that is improper for a child of God to watch? Now, please, I am talking to you as a friend so don't get upset if I speak straightforward. Does the fact that someone has watched a improper show in the past justify that action and/or justify the action in the future? One of the problems in the church today is that to much of the world has crept in. Could the real problem be not that the church isn't enough like the world, but rather it is too much like the world. What used to cause us to be appalled is now common place and accepted. Where does the erosion stop? Of course the Bible foretold this and Jesus is coming soon ... Amen!!!

The Christian does need to take stands against evil, and I know you have. We are not perfect, but we are being perfected through sanctification (there is a lot more to this doctrine, but that would only be placed here for clarification that is not pertinent to the subject). We are to aspire to holiness every moment of our lives. If giving up things are necessary to walk in alignment with God, then we need to give them up. Thus, to the original topic. Is entering a sex industry shop where the practice of selling sex is wide open and accepted acceptable for a child of God? What Scriptural justification do we have for that approach?

If we are to ere let us ere on the side of holiness, on the side of what pleases Jesus.

LT,

My reference to Direct TV is that it is an evil industry. Yet, how many have that industry in their home? There certainly would be no disagreement on my part that watching certain shows are wrong and that we do have a choice whether or not to watch those shows. My question is: are we supporting evil by paying them monthly even though we are conservative with what we watch? There is evil every where we turn. That does not justify in anyway strip clubs. I do believe the young ladies on that video you put up were worth going after. I am very happy they are out of that industry but know how difficult it will be for them.

I pray that they will be sanctified by God's grace. I have been wholly sanctified but still fail. I realize my holiness and righteousness is Jesus. 

Should we enter a sex industry as you have mentioned justified? I believe the ladies you showed were worth it. As David pointed out, the end doesn't justify the means. Yet Jesus did enter a totally evil world to come and get me. I think He considered me worth it to come. I am so glad He left His place of complete holiness and became sin that I might be made holy. I actually do believe He would enter that place to get those two girls that were on that video. He has not called me to do that. He has called me in other ways. I think it is difficult for us to conceive of such a thing since He has not given us that grace. I do believe we need to give this ministry (which I know very little about) some latitude. 

I highly respect the feelings of those who disagree with me. I entered the discussion only because I felt the ministry needed to get some praise. I agree they need to be very very careful. I think it could be very damaging to those entering those establishments. It is certainly not a ministry for all.

I love you all and feel you are the among the best in the world. 

Roy,

I understand all that you have said. That brings up a new question that could be viewed by some a legalistic, but I do not think so. The question is "Where do we draw the line as Christians?" What makes it OK to use one companies product/service and not another. At what point do we say (and I believe there is a point) that this company's position is "XYZ" opposed to the things I believe. Maybe a forum can be started on that concept.

Love goes both ways as I know that you are loved and appreciated by our AAG family, including me.

LT,

What does the end doesn't justify the means mean?  I have read this over and over and can not figure out its meaning. Thank you in advance,

Janie,

In this context it would mean "is it OK to do something that is wrong as long as you get a good result in the end."

Lord Bless,

LT

LT & Roy,

I wouldn't go in either actually even tho it's my child. I don't receive their FB status updates because of the lives they lead. Well, they're doing much better now but I still don't look at their pages. Yes, that's minor but I just pray & leave them to the Lord. They will return. I have no doubts.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service