All About GOD

All About GOD - Growing Relationships with Jesus and Others

35 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. 36 And I tell you this, you must give an account on judgment day for every idle word you speak. 37 The words you say will either acquit you or condemn you.” Matt 12:34-37 From our words and actions, we see and others are shown what is bursting to get out of our hearts. Thoughts and ideas bombard our minds. It is foolishness to think we can avoid such things. How is the best way to make sure our hearts are good?  Because we will give an account, what steps must we take to assure our words and actions are from a good treasury of a good heart?

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What we do have control over is, what we dwell on.  Be it good or bad, those things in our hearts will act like a magnet.  Resulting in an abundance of thoughts, ideas, and beliefs which will fill up our hearts.  From the “Born Again” heart we are pulled to those things that are good, or bring Glory to Our Lord.  This does not mean we will always do as we should.  Yet, the heart that is yielded and humbled to The Spirit of The Lord, will seek those things that are right and True.  As we seek to Honor Him, we have a Powerful advantage to, “...produces good things from the treasury of a good heart...” We have The Father, The Son, The Spirit, and The Word.  Everyone who speaks, let him speak according to the Word of God, and everyone who ministers, according to what power God gives to him, that God may be Glorified in all that you do, by Yeshua The Messiah, whose glory and honor is truly to the eternity of eternities. 1Peter 4:11 

On the other hand, our flesh will seek out the thoughts and ideas that it wants.  When we spend time thinking about these things, we will act on them.  More than not, those actions will lead to sin.  If we allow these thoughts to turn into action.  We may find ourselves in a pig pen, as the prodigal son did.  Let us never forget his father continued to keep watch, for his return.

We can make our heart good by allowing the word of God dwell in our heart and meditate therein. (PSALM 119:11, Joshua 1:8)

Only God can change the heart.

26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. (Ezekiel 36)

It happens when someone is born again.

RSS

The Good News

Meet Face-to-Face & Collaborate

© 2024   Created by AllAboutGOD.com.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service